Cambridge FCE Exam Preparation
This FCE Exam Preparation course is designed for students who need a FCE test result for further study or employment. Students who need to be able to communicate confidently in English across a broad range of situations would also benefit from this program. The course covers the four key learning areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking. While grammar skills are developed in the 'English in Use' component of the course.
Students in the FCE Exam Preparation program will study:
- Development of specific writing skills in order to complete a range of tasks related to specific writing genres.
- Strategies for faster and more efficient reading: skimming and scanning, detailed analysis of articles, recognition of inference and author intent.
- Vocabulary building for improved comprehension.
- Listening for specific information, inference and intent.
- Expressing attitudes and opinions.
Test taking skills
- Participation in regular FCE practice tests.
Duration: 10 weeks
Class size: 12-18 students
- Five reasons to study FCE with Hawthorn-Melbourne
- 1Experienced and supportive teachers use the latest and most effective teaching methods.
- 2Develop a more thorough understanding of English grammar.
- 3Curriculum-based excursions provide an opportunity for you to use your English outside of the classroom.
- 4Language learning is supported by a range of student services and facilities.
- 5The First Certificate of English is one of the world's most recognised English language qualifications.