University of Melbourne English Language Bridging Program
The University of Melbourne English Language Bridging Program (UMELBP) provides a direct English language pathway from Hawthorn-Melbourne to specific courses at the University of Melbourne. This 10-week program recreates authentic academic activities aimed at developing English language and study skills.
Hawthorn-Melbourne is endorsed by the University of Melbourne as the sole external provider of the University of Melbourne English Language Bridging Program.
Check if your faculty accepts the UMELBP as an entry point into your course. The UMELBP is not available for PhD students.
The curriculum covers the development of language skills for:
- Extracting important information in lectures
- Participating in seminars and tutorials
- Writing in narrative, argumentative and analytical styles
- Reading and analysing a range of authentic materials
- Critiquing written and spoken texts
Duration: 10 weeks
Class size: Maximum class size is 18 students
- Five reasons to study the UMELBP
- 1Hawthorn-Melbourne UMELBP is the only English Language bridging program accepted by the University of Melbourne.
- 2One day per week is conducted at the University of Melbourne Parkville campus, introducing students to University campus culture.
- 3Course content is specifically designed to prepare students for the demands of studying at the University of Melbourne.
- 4Learn from experienced teachers who are skilled at using the latest and most effective teaching methods.
- 5Study alongside other motivated students who are also keen to pursue further studies in Australia.