In-country Professional Development workshops and seminars for teachers
Hawthorn-Melbourne provides a range of professional development workshops and seminars for overseas elementary or high school English language teachers. The aim of the workshops is to present a range of teaching activities and methods which have application in English as a Foreign Language (EFL) classroom.
The workshops require a high degree of active participation and require an upper intermediate to advanced level of English language ability.
Teachers are introduced to modern teaching resources, albeit in a manner sensitive to the context and constraints in which overseas teachers of English operate. The approaches and methods taught in the workshops are selected in order to transfer readily to the local teaching context. Participating teachers should begin to achieve internationally recognised English language teaching and learning outcomes.
The workshops have been run in a number of countries.
- Five reasons to choose an in-country workshop or seminar
- 1Workshops conducted in-country eliminate the travel and accommodation costs, minimising the individual participant costs.
- 2Participants do not have to be absent from their jobs or families to benefit.
- 3The courses are tailor-made to meet the specific needs of the group.
- 4All our teachers are highly qualified and understand most up to date teaching methods.
- 5Workshops are interactive.